What if they say… What do you think about evolution?
Evolution makes it hard for me to believe the Bible.
You will find it helpful to keep in mind that the main message of the Bible is “how a person can have eternal life” regardless of the origin of mankind. You can say (in your own words):
I’m not a scientist
- And I don’t understand all the details concerning evolution and creation.
However, according to the *Bible, I believe God created the original species or “kinds” of animals, for example: fish, birds, dogs, cats, primates, humans.
- And there have ‘evolved’, mutations and adaptations among those various kinds of species
- For example, there have ‘evolved’ many types of dogs.
However, THE MAIN MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE is “how a person can have eternal life” regardless of how we came to be.
God wants us to know how we can experience His love, acceptance and forgiveness, and know we will spend eternity with Him.
- Now, if you were sharing the Gospel, simply resume where you left off.
- If you were not sharing the Gospel, ask, “May I share with you how I came to know I have eternal life?”
*Referring to the Bible may lead them to say, “I don’t trust the Bible” in which case you can use the response given under [BIBLE].